Friday, January 16, 2009

New Green ~ Really?


I have not touched much on Global Warming lately, at least like I use to... I sometimes think that for someone to still think man is causing global warming that that person is a bit off his rocker. This is a dangerous way to think though, I always want to keep the opposition in the most positive light possible - “as I would want to be treated,” type thing. I have some odd views compared to the mainstream view of our origins, I would want those people who disagree with me to at the very least respect my view enough to debate it based on evidence alone setting aside their biases as much as humanly possible. So too should I grant the view that man is causing global warming (anthropogenic warming) based on evidence -- or perceived evidence -- of the opposing viewpoint. Therefore, I need to keep posting articles and links like that below. Enjoy, it made me smile.

The carbon footprint of Barack Obama's inauguration could exceed 575 million pounds of CO2. According to the Institute for Liberty, it would take the average U.S. household nearly 60,000 years of naughty ecological behavior to produce a carbon footprint equal to the largest self-congratulatory event in the history of humankind.

The same congressfolk who now are handing out thousands of tickets to this ecological disaster mandated only recently the phased elimination of the incandescent light bulb -- a mere carbon tiptoe, if you will. The whole thing seems a bit unfair....

.... Is warming by 0.74 degrees Celsius over the past 100 years really enough to make us panic? I mean, we probably could make that up by canceling the inauguration.