Friday, February 29, 2008
If a computer acts up, the technician resets it to the default settings it had when it left the factory. If followers of a religion act up, one should examine the default settings the religion had when it left its founder.
One can examine the life of Jesus from the four Gospels.
One can examine the life of Muhammad from the Quran, Hadith and sources like the Sirat Rasul Allah.
The Quran is a collection of private revelations Muhammad received between A.D. 610-632. Conflicting versions were passed down orally until Caliph Uthman standardized them around A.D. 650.
The Hadith are stories about Muhammad passed down orally until Caliph Umar II began collecting them around A.D. 717-720.
The Sirat Rasul Allah, or "The Life of the Prophet of Allah," was written by Ibn Ishaq between A.D. 707-773 and preserved in copies by Ibn Hisham (d. 833) and al-Tabari (838-923). In 1861, Sir William Muir published an English translation, "The Life of Mahomet." Edward Rehatsek's translation, edited by Michael Edwardes, was presented to the Royal Asiatic Society of London in 1898.
A review of these resources reveal:
- Jesus was a religious leader.
- Muhammad was religious leader and a leader.
- Jesus never killed anyone.
- Muhammad killed an estimated 3,000 people, including beheading 700 Jews of the Banu Qurayza tribe in
, A.D. 627: Medina
"The Jews surrendered and the apostle confined them in
- Jesus never owned slaves.
- Muhammad received a fifth of the prisoners taken in battle, including women. (Sura 8:41)
"Muhammad gave command and the heads of the two chiefs were severed from their bodies. The scene of torture and bloodshed was hardly ended when Muhammad sent Bilal to fetch the wife of Kinana. ... He cast his mantle around her in token that she was to be his own." (Conquest of Khaybar, A.D. 628, Sirat Rasul Allah)
"The apostle occupied the Jewish forts … taking prisoners as he went. Among these were Safiya, the wife of Kinana. … The apostle chose Safiya for himself. The other prisoners were distributed among the Muslims." (Sirat Rasul Allah)
"Married women are forbidden unto you, except those whom your right hands possess (taken in battle.)" (Sura 4:24)
- Jesus never married.
- Muhammad had many wives.
"Anas said, 'The prophet used to visit all his wives in an hour round, during the day and night and they were 11 in number.' I asked Anas, 'Had the prophet the strength for it?' Anas replied, 'We used to say that the prophet was given the strength of 30 (men).'" (Hadith Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Bk. 5, No. 268)
"Muhammad said: 'Woman can be married for religion, her fortune, or her beauty. So marry one for the religion.'" (Abu Issa al-Tarmidi, Sunan al-Tarmidi,
"Prophet, we have made lawful to you … the slave girls whom Allah has given you as booty." (Sura 33:50)
When Muhammad's behavior is reviewed, Muslim scholars point out that King David was also a prophet yet he killed people, owned slaves and had many wives.
The response is still that Jesus never killed anyone, never owned slaves and never married. David only wanted a small piece of land – there is no Bible command for Jews to subdue the world.
- Jesus never forced followers to continue believing. After Jesus made a difficult saying, "many of his disciples went back and walked no more with him. Then Jesus said to the twelve, 'Will ye also go away?' Then Simon Peter answered him, 'Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life.'" (John 6:31-69)
- Muhammad forced followers to continue believing, "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him." (Hadith al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Bk. 84, No. 57)
- Jesus taught God was our Father (Matthew 6:10).
- Muhammad taught it was blasphemy to call Allah your father (Sura 5:18)
- Jesus taught man was made in God's image. (Matthew 22:20, ref. Gen. 1:26-27, 9:6)
- Muhammad taught Allah has no image. (Sura 42:11, Sura 112:4)
- Jesus taught "forgive those who trespass against you." (Matthew 6:10-15)
- Muhammad taught to avenge trespasses against your honor, family or religion.
"Narrated Anas bin Malik: 'On the day of the Conquest, the Prophet entered
"Ibn Khatal ... had two slave girls who used to sing for him and for his companions songs full of abuse of the Prophet. The Prophet's instructions specified that the two slave girls should also be killed. … Another (to be killed) was al-Huwayrith Nuqaydh Wahb Qusayy, one of those who used to insult him in
- Jesus did not retaliate when violence was committed against him, saying "Father, forgive them." (Luke 23:34)
- Muhammad retaliated when violence was committed against him, ordering the death of his enemies.
"Muhammad sent Abdullah to use diplomacy to gain an opportunity to assassinate Sofyan. Abdullah went forth, pretending to be on his Sofyan's side, and when the moment was right, cut off his head. He carried it to Muhammad, who was in the Mosque in
"Ibn Sa'd Tabaqat reported: 'The apostle of Allah entered through Adhakhir into
- Following Jesus was voluntary, from the inside out.
- Following Muhammad could be coerced, from the outside in.
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued." (Sura 9:29)
- A martyr in Christian and Jewish thought is one who dies for his faith.
- A martyr in Islamic thought is one who dies for his faith while killing infidels.
"Narrated Abu Huraira: 'The Prophet said, "The person who participates in (holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His Apostles, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise (if he is killed in the battle as a martyr)."'" (Hadith Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Bk. 2, No. 35)
- Christianity teaches God wants a personal relationship with each individual.
- Islam teaches individuals cannot have a personal relationship with Allah, as he is transcendent and unknowable.
- Jesus' religion is known for forgiveness and love.
- Muhammad's religion is known for obedience and fear.
- None of Jesus' Apostles led armies. A village did not receive Jesus "and when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, 'Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, even as Elias did?' But he turned and rebuked them, and said, 'Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.'" (Luke 9:52-56)
- All of the caliphs who followed Muhammad led armies. (Caliphs Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Muawiyya, the Umayyads, the Abbasids, etc.)
- In the first 300 years of Christianity, there were 10 major Roman persecutions, and Christians were fed to lions in the Colosseum. Never did Christians lead an armed resistance against those who attacked them.
- In the first 300 years of Islam, Muslim armies conquered
Arabia, Persia, the Holy Land, North Africa, Spain, Southern France, Central Africa, and invaded vast areas of Asia and Asia Minor.
Fighting is inconsistent with Jesus' example but not Muhammad's, as the Sirat Rasul Allah records Muhammad personally led 27 raids.
Jesus's teaching on how to treat enemies:
- Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, pray for them which despitefully use you (Matthew 5:44).
- Resist not evil (Matthew 5:39).
- If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to them the other (Matthew 5:39).
- If someone takes your coat, give them your shirt (Matthew 5:40).
- If someone make you carry something one mile, carry it two (Matthew 5:41).
- Forgive and you shall be forgiven (Matthew 6:14).
- Judge not, that ye be not judged (Matthew 7:1).
- Blessed are the peacemakers (Matthew 5:9).
- Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy (Matthew 5:7).
- Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not kill, but I say who ever is angry with his brother is in danger of the judgment (Matthew 5:21-22).
- Treat others the same way you want them to treat you (Luke 6:27-36).
- Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, whatever you do to the very least you have done unto me (Matthew 25:40).
Muhammad's teaching on how to treat enemies:
- Infidels are your sworn enemies (Sura 4:101).
- Be ruthless to the infidels (Sura 48:29).
- Make war on the infidels who dwell around you (Sura 9:123, 66:9).
- Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day (Sura 9:29).
- Strike off the heads of infidels in battle (Sura 47:4).
- If someone stops believing in Allah, kill him (al-Bukhari 9:84:57).
- Take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends (Sura 5:51, 60:13).
- Never be a helper to the disbelievers (Sura 28:86).
- Kill the disbelievers wherever we find them (Sura 2:191).
- No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel (al-Bukhari 1:3:111).
- The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land (Sura 5:33).
What motivates fundamental Muslims to violence? Where Jesus was a religious leader, Muhammad was a religious leader and a military leader, thus the effort to separate the militant aspect of Islam from the religious aspect is an attempt to split Muhammad.
The closer one follows the example of Jesus, the more peaceful is one's motivation.
The closer one follows example of Muhammad, the more militant is one's motivation.
Imported from Hot Air (props)
I called it
If the attacks continue,
Thursday, February 28, 2008
I just wanted to give a shout out to The World According to Kimba and the site he turned me on to,
Remember, the man of perdition is hinted at being hurt badly - possibly dead - and then miraculously healed or brought back to life. This will cause the world to be amazed and follow him/her more fervently. I found this article interesting then: Police concerned about order to stop weapons screening at Obama rally
A book I highly recommend:
*Planned Parenthood's Racism
(Information compiled by Lynn K. Murphy, Life Research Institute, June, 1994)
Facts about Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood:
Parenthood today vigorously upholds Sanger's philosophy.)
Margaret Sanger said about her 1939 Negro Project, "We do not want
word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and
the minister is the man who can straighten out the idea if it ever
occurs to any of their more rebellious members." 
Clarence Gamble, president of the American Eugenics Research
Association, said, "There is a great danger that we will fail because
the Negroes think it a plan for extermination. Hence lets appear to
let the colored run it as we appear to let [the] south do the
conference in Atlanta." Under this policy, Planned Parenthood of
America hired a full-time "Negro Consultant" in 1944.
The entire operation Sanger's 1939 Negro Project then was a ruse--a
manipulative attempt to get Blacks to cooperate in their own
The project was quite successful. Its genocidal intentions were
carefully camouflaged beneath several layers of condescending
social-service rhetoric and organizational expertise. . . Soon
clinics throughout the South were distributing contraceptives to
Blacks and Margaret's dream of discouraging "the defective and
diseased elements of humanity' from their 'reckless and irresponsible
swarming and spawning" was at last being fulfilled.*
In a 1926 speech at Vassar, Sanger said the nation needed to follow
the "drastic immigration laws" of 1924 with methods "to cut down on
the rapid multiplication of the unfit and undesirable at home."
In a March, 1939 letter, Margaret Sanger explained to Frank Boudreau,
director of the Milbank Memorial Fund: ". . . That is not asking or
suggesting a cradle competition between the intelligent and the
ignorant, but a drastic curtailment of the birth rate at the source
of the unfit, the diseased and the incompetent . . . . The birth
control clinics all over the country are doing their utmost to reach
the lower strata [the minorities] of our population . . ."
To stop this "multiplication," Sanger could be harsh. Her book, The
Pivot of Civilization, has a chapter called "The Cruelty of
Charity." In it she blasts as "insidiously injurious" programs to
provide "medical and nursing facilities to slum mothers." In other
words, Sanger wanted ethnic cleansing. Instead of helping the poor,
she considered them (particularly Blacks, Hispanics, and Jewish
immigrants) slum dwellers who would soon overrun the boundaries of
their slums and contaminate the better elements of society with their
Throughout the 200+ pages of The Pivot of Civilization Sanger
called for the elimination of human weeds: "for the cessation of
charity, for the segregation of morons, misfits, and maladjusted,"
and for the sterilization of "genetically inferior races." In this
same book she argued that organized attempts to help the poor were
the "surest sign that our civilization has bred, is breeding, and is
perpetuating . . . defectives, delinquents, and dependents."
"Margaret Sanger is responsible, more than anyone else, for keeping
alive international racism. She played the attractive hostess for
racist thinkers all over the world. Organizing the First World
Population Conference in Geneva in 1926, she invited Clarence C.
Little, Edward A. East, Henry Pratt Fairchild, and Raymond
Pearl--all infamous racists."
"In 1932, it the Birth Control Review outlined *Margaret's 'Plan
for Peace,' calling for coercive sterilization, mandatory
segregation, and rehabilitative concentration camps for all 'disgenic
stocks.'** In 1933, the Birth Control Review published 'Eugenic
Sterilization: An Urgent Need' by Ernst Rudin, who was Hitler's
director of genetic sterilization and a founder of the Nazi Society
for Racial Hygiene. And later that same year, it published an
article by Leon Whitney entitled, 'Selective Sterilization,' which
adamantly praised and defended the Third Reich's racial
Margaret Sanger and former Planned Parenthood President Alan
Guttmacher were both listed in 1956 as members of the American
Eugenics Society, Inc.
Today, Planned Parenthood vigorously supports Margaret Sanger's philosophies:
In 1992, Planned Parenthood's immediate past president, Faye
Wattleton, won Planned Parenthood's coveted Margaret Sanger Award.
The following is quoted from Planned Parenthood Federation of
America's 1992 Annual Report, page 13: "THE PPFA MARGARET SANGER
AWARD, *Planned Parenthood's highest honor*,* was presented in 1992
to former PPFA President Faye Wattleton. Planned Parenthood's
national leader from 1978 until March 1992, Ms. Wattleton exemplified
the courage *and ideals* of Margaret Sanger,*PPFA's founder."
Planned Parenthood also has a Margaret Sanger Clinic.
The Racism of Planned Parenthood today:
"A racial analysis of abortion statistics is quite revealing.
According to a Health and Human Services Administration report, as
many as forty-three percent of all abortions are performed on Blacks
and another ten percent on Hispanics. This, despite the fact that
Blacks only make up eleven percent of the total U.S. population and
Hispanics only about eight percent. A National Academy of
Sciences investigation released more conservative--but no less
telling-figures: thirty-two percent of all abortions are performed on
"During the 1980s when Planned Parenthood shifted its focus from
community-based clinics, it again targeted inner-city minority
neighborhoods. Of the more than one hundred school-based clinics
that have opened nationwide in the last decade, none have been at
substantially all-White schools. None have been at suburban
middle-class schools. *All have been at Black, minority, or ethnic
Planned Parenthood itself reports that of the 132,314 abortions
it did in 1991, 23.2% were on African Americans, 12.5% were on
Hispanics, and 7% were on other minorities. Thus, the total
abortions on minorities is 42.7%. But minorities comprise only 19.7%
of the U.S. population. Therefore, relative to population
*Planned Parenthood preferred to abort minorities three times as
much as whites.*
"'There is no way you can escape the implications,' argues Black
financial analyst William L. Davis. 'When an organization has a
history of racism, when its literature is openly racist, when its
goals are self-consciously racial, and when its programs invariably
revolve around race, it doesn't take an expert to realize that the
organization is indeed racist. *Really now, how can anyone
believe anything about Planned Parenthood except that it is a hive of
elitist bigotry, prejudice, and bias?** Just because the
organization has a smattering of minority staffers in key positions
does nothing to dispel the plain facts.'"
1. Linda Gordon, Woman's Body, Woman's Right (New York: Grossman,
1974, 1976) 332-333. Gordon is a feminist and a strong abortion
2. Ibid, 333.
3. Ibid, 353.
4. Margaret Sanger, The Pivot of Civilization (New York: Brentano's,
5. Margaret Sanger, "The Function of Sterilization," speech delivered at
Vassar College, August 5, 1926. Described in Chase, Allan, The
Legacy of Malthus, (New York: 1977), 658.
6. Gordon, 359.
7. Margaret Sanger, The Pivot of Civilization, 264.
8. Elasah Drogin, Margaret Sanger, Father of Modern Society (New Hope
KY: CUL Publications, 1980) 45.
9. Drogin, 109.
10. Birth Control Review, April, 1932, 107; See Elasah Drogin,
Margaret Sanger: Father of Modern Society (1986), 11-38.
11. Birth Control Review, April, 1933, 102.
12. Birth Control Review, 17:4, 1933, 85.
13. Allan Chase, The Legacy of Malthus: The Social Costs of the New
Scientific Racism (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1977) 411.
14. A.L. Thornton, "U.S. Statistical Survey: A Reanalysis of the 1980
Census Figures for Population Distribution and Composi tion,"
Demographics Today, March, 1983, 62.
15. Allan Chase, 411.
16. Although Planned Parenthood is a primary instigator in the
School-Based Clinic movement, only rarely does an affiliate become
institutionally involved in their day to day operation.
17. Carl R. de Vries, Benjamin Goldstein, and Linda Evankirov, Teen
Pregnancy: Crisis, Solution, and Opposition (Boston: Educational
Software Information Group, 1987), 14; and Roberta Weiner, Teen
Pregnancy: Impact on the Schools (Alexandria, VA: Capitol
18. 1992 Service Report, 1992.
19. Statistical Abstract of the United States, 1992, 17.
20. [42.7/(100-42.6)]/[19.7/(100-19.7)] = 3
21. George Grant, Grand Illusions: The Legacy of Planned Parenthood
(Brentwood, TN: Wolgemuth & Hyatt, 1984) 98.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
May “green grass … grow on your grave” Mr. Buckley, you will be missed!
With wit and dry humor William Buckley tells a story that I have emblazoned in my mind when I wish to grin. He talks of lecturing and having two questions always asked of him, the second most oft asked question is this:
“‘What is conservatism?’ Sometimes the questioner – guarding against the windy evasiveness one comes to expect from lecturers – will add, ‘preferably in one sentence.’ On which occasions I have replied: ‘I could not give you a definition of Christianity in one sentence, but that does not mean that Christianity is undefinable.’
Usually that disposes of the hopes of those who wish a neatly packaged definition of conservatism which they an stow away in their mind, alongside (or replacing?) the definitions of astrology, necrophilia, xenophobia, and philistinianism. Those who are obstinate I punish by giving, with a straight face, Professor Richard Weaver’s definition of conservatism as ‘a paradigm of essences towards which the phenomenology of the world is in continuing approximation’ – as noble efforts as any I have ever read.”
Frank S. Meyer, ed., What Is Conservatism? A Timely, Important and Provocative Examination of American Conservatism by Twelve Leading Thinkers and Spokesman (New York, NY: Holt Rinehart and Winston, 1964), 211.
For his discussion with Kenneth Minogue, see:
A Wonderfully done response to part 1 of the Zeitgeist movie. A well spent 10-minutes of my time… when they are done with the YouTube responses they should put together a response with more graphics and less speed onto a DVD and I will buy it.
Ahhh yes, the environmentalist do-gooders saving us from ourselves by poisoning us. I realize they want to kill off a portion of the population, but to do so by introducing birth-defects into it? Very ogre-ish if you ask me.