Tuesday, January 26, 2010

California News -- "Move Over Law" (Follow the Snopes Link, Good Info)




In California , the "Move-over" law become operative on January 1, 2010. The cost of the ticket was $754, with 3 points on your license and a mandatory court appearance. Important Law to Share:


I wanted to let my Medlock Bridge neighbors know about the CA move over law. My son got a ticket on Pleasant Hill coming back from Wal-Mart. A Duluth police car (turned out it was 2 police cars) was on the side of the road giving a ticket to someone else. My son slowed down to pass but did not move into the other lane. The second police car immediately pulled him over and gave him a ticket. My son and I had never heard of the law. It is a fairly new law that states if any emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, if you are able, you are to move into the far lane....

Please let everyone you know that drives about this new law.

It is true (see details at the following web address). It states that except two states, all the other US states (even Canada ) enacted similar kind of law. 


In case you don't know why they are making this a law, here is one example: