Wednesday, December 16, 2009

ETTs (Embedded Tactical Trainers) Talk About the Consistant Failure of Training the Afghan Army

 (HotAir h/t)


I hate to do it, but I am going to re-post the Ken Jowitt video I edited after this initial video  post. A great point was made about a nationalistic pride in this video.  Which caused me to think of WWII -- Germany was very "nationalistic, as was Japan, which drove these people to make their country great again.  There doesn't seem to be any "nationalism," as the ETT put it, that can drive these Afghan men.  There is however a worldwide Islamic state (nationalism) driving the enemy.  Likewise, if the majority of Mulsim believers only have nationalistic pride for this worldwide hope for an Islamic state, then no amount of pride for Afghanistan will overcome that.  I say put up some bases in Afghanistan and let these buggers come to us to die... for years if need be.  We have the nationalism to stop the global ambitions of this cultic Jihad.