Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Design Inference – Positive knowledge

I realize I stay somewhat political here on “Religio-Political Talk,” and I don’t seem to deal much with religion. I believe dealing with worldviews is a religious endeavor however. So when you hear (read) me speaking of one ideology not fitting well with reality, this is dealing with religious outlooks as well. Atheism, Deism, Pantheism, Theism, Panantheism, Polytheism… all these are metaphysical statements about ultimate reality, which make them religious worldviews.

I would also say that looking at science and debating “scientism” and what “real” science should be involved in, one can get into the religious battle of sorts between two worldviews (e.g., presuppositions about reality). I happen to fall on the Theistic side, and science, in my view, is proving this view with reality.

Watch the two short snippets (they add up to about 16-minutes) and reflect on your reality.

PapaG