Friday, December 25, 2009

Chris Matthews Calls Saul Alinsky One Of His Heroes


This admission came only five days after the "Hardball" host proudly admitted on the air that he was a liberal.

"I always try to remind myself of Saul Alinsky when I get confused," Matthews told "Hardball" guest Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont).

Such was revealed as the pair discussed the fate of healthcare reform (video embedded below the fold with partial transcript, h/t Story Balloon):



CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: Well, to reach back to one of our heroes from the past, from the `60s, Saul Alinsky once said that even though both sides have flaws in their arguments and you can always find something nuanced about your own side you don`t like and it`s never perfect, you have to act in the end like there`s simple black and white clarity between your side and the other side or you don`t get anything done. I always try to remind myself of Saul Alinsky when I get confused.
So on Thursday, Matthews admitted being a liberal. Now he's admitting that Alinsky is one of his heroes.

What's next?