Masonry’s Connection to the Occult
From a debate I Had Many Moons Ago
“It's not a religion. And I know a couple of Masons and can tell you with certainty that these people are not Satanist. As far as the rituals you mentioned I did a little research on them for a project and never came across anything like that. The Satanism charge was concocted by many of their enemies both in this country and in
to attempt to bring them down. There is no truth to that charge whatsoever.” Britain
I wish to deal with this statement bit by bit. First the statement “It's not a religion” is one that the founder of modern-day Freemasonry disagrees with. And most of what follows will be taken from his book, Morals and Dogma, one of thee most important books to all upper degree masons, aside from the Kabala. Again, these quotes are from thee most important Masonic sources (i.e., Albert Pike, Manly P. Hall, etc.)
Lets define religion; these are from some popular dictionaries:
- 1) A belief in a divine power to be obeyed and worshipped as the creator and ruler of the universe.
2) Any system of beliefs, practices, ethical values resembling, suggestive of or likened to such a system
- 1) A belief in a divine or superhuman power to be obeyed and worshipped as the creator and ruler of the universe. 2) Any specific system of belief in conduct and ritual, often involving a code of ethics and a philosophy.
According to Albert Pike, “every lodge is a temple” (p. 7 of Morals and Dogma); “Masonry is a worship” (ibid, p.526); “…Masonry is a religious and philosophic body” (Lectures on Ancient Philosophy, p. 434, by Manly P. Hall); “Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion; and its teachings are instructions in religion” (Morals and Dogma, p. 213).
Now lets see what criteria Masons meet:
- The Masons worship a God, (they call him the Great Architect of the Universe);
- They pray to this God inside their temples. For instance, during the Entered Apprentice degree, the first of three inside the Blue Lodge, the Worshipful Master, the equivalent of the President of the lodge, prays: “Vouchsafe thine aid, Almighty Father of the Universe….”
- They believe that this God in their temples hears prayer. The same prayer in the Entered Apprentice degree continues: “…and grant that this Candidate for Masonry may dedicate his life to thy service.”
- They believe that worship inside the temple will grant them immortal life. For instance, in the Masonic manual, the white apron worn by the Mason stands for: “He who wears the lambskin as a badge of a Mason is thereby continually reminded of purity of life and conduct which is essentially necessary to his gaining admission into the Celestial Lodge Above.” [side note: this same apron is worn during the occultic entrance into the Mormon temple. Joseph Smith was a Mason for awhile, and almost all the
ceremonies were taken from Masonry] Mormon Temple
- They believe in one God who is common to all religions. The same statement (manual) of the Grand Lodge of Maryland continues: “Thus, Masonry is a great fellowship of men of all countries and ages who are capable of discovering in the religious teachings of all humanity, some of them crude indeed, the fundamental truth common to them all: that God is the Father of all mankind….”
Any student of comparative religion will realize the plain statements involved in the religion of Freemasonry.
Skyzeta said, “…can tell you with certainty that these people are not Satanist.” You are partially correct, they are Lucifarianists, which was sort of a “17th century Gnostic”. Believe it or not there is a difference. But I will go to the book that is mandatory reading for Mason’s above the 30th degree, Morals and Dogma. Take note of the Biblical Adonai and Lucifer.
- “Long known as… Adonai; as Chief or Commander of the Heavenly Armies; … the rival of Bal and Osiris.” (Morals and Dogma, p. 697) [side note: Bal and Osiris are the gods venerated in Masonry]
- “When the Mason learns the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of the living power, he has learned the mystery of his craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply [that] energy” (The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p. 48, by Manly P. Hall, Masonic philosopher / historian / and 33 degree Mason)
- “Lucifer, the light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the spirit of darkness! Lucifer, the son of the morning! Is it he who bears the light [Masonic wisdom]… doubt it not!” (Morals and Dogma, p. 321)
- “…the Prince of Darkness made Adam… to prevent the light from escaping… the demons forbade Adam to eat the fruit of ‘knowledge of good and evil’, …. But the demons created Eve…” (ibid., pp. 566-567)
- “Masonry is a search after light [Lucifer brings this light according to this same book by the founder of “modern” Masonry]. That search leads us directly back to the Kabala (ibid., p. 741)
- [i]“Everything scientific and grand in the religious dreams of all Illuminati… is borrowed from the Kabala; all the Masonic associations owe to it their symbols and their secrets” (ibid., p. 744)
- “The Kabala is the key of the occult sciences” (ibid., p.626)
- “The occult science of the ancient Magi was concealed under the shadows of the Ancient Mysteries:… and it is found enveloped in enigmas that seem impenetrable, in the rites of the highest Masonry” (ibid., p.839)
How then does Skyzeta not know about this? Simple, to quote again from the founder of Modern Masonry (in other words, Illuminized Masonry), “Masonry… conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the elect [ie., upper degrees], and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve to be mislead; to conceal Truth, which it calls light” (again, according to the upper degrees, that light is Lucifer).
Some Scriptures Seem Appropriate
“For such men are false apostles, deceitful workman, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.” (I Corinthians 11:13 – NIV)
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” (Genesis 1:27 – KJV)
“And the Lord God commanded the man saying, ‘of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it…” (Genesis 2:16,17)
“I spoke openly to the world;… and in secret have I said nothing” (Jesus, John 18:20)
Skyzeta said, “The Satanism charge was concocted [concocted] by many of their enemies both in this country and in
Second, there is truth to their statements; you just wish to ignore them apparently. I know many ex-Mason’s, and they all left because of their commitment to Jesus and the realization of the rampant occultism and Lucifarianism and dedication to oaths that the Bible speaks out against that are found in upper Masonry.