Friday, February 19, 2010

Janeane Garofalo & Keith Olbermann Look Silly





 

From author of the above video:
So last night that race-peddlin' buffoon over at MSNBC... wait, that's pretty much everyone on that network. Let me be more specific. OK, so, last night Keith Olbermann used his self-parodying Special Comment segment to ask the following question: Where are the people of color at the Tea Parties? Now, implying and outright saying that Tea Party protesters are racist is commonplace in the far left. No news there. But two things in particular bother me about his question:

First, his choice of words. People of color? Who are these colored people he's referring to? What does that mean? It may be because I'm not a native English speaker, but I find this people of color business to be really bizarre. So as a Boricua, am I colored? I guess I'm olive but if I hit the beach on a sunny day I can be golden brown. Is he referring strictly to skin color? Culture? Ethnicity? I mean, I'm not that much darker than Mr. Olbermann himself. Do I fall into his people of color category?

Or, as I suspect, are people of color just code for those who deviate too much from the skin color which Olbermann seems to deem as the standard? I mean, come on, Olbermann has no color, right? He's white. That ain't no color. That's just how it's supposed to be, right? So, all I can think of is that he means black. Black people are colored, and everyone else is just normal and a-OK. Man, this race and colors stuff is difficult to understand!

And secondly, the question is stupid, the premise terribly moronic and the insinuation totally insulting. The Tea Party protesters aren't racist. Are there a few kooks with nefarious motivations? Sure, every movement has them. It's nice how, during the Bush years, the MSM did everything they could to whitewash the fringe elements of the antiwar movement, but I digress. Whats Olbermann's evidence that Tea Parties are overwhelmingly racist? Apparently, that there are no people of color at these rallies. That is so blatantly false as to induce uncontrollable laughter. There are people of all backgrounds at the Tea Parties. But even if an event is dominated by a certain race group, what does that prove? Similar to what Glenn Reynolds said earlier this month, if you look at a group of white folks and the first thought that pops into your head is "racists!" then you have some serious issues.

So I put together this video response to Olbermann's burning question. Here are his "people of color" he's been inquiring about.